AUDITION NOTICE: Much Ado About Turning 25
Will present at the 2019 Ottawa Fringe Festival (6 performances).
A zany new comedy about getting older and other people’s expectations by Toronto playwright Valerie Cardinal, produced by Cardinal Theatre. (Co-produced in Ottawa by Theatre Underground, directed by Allan Mackey.)
Who doesn’t love a good birthday party? Nobody, that’s who. Everybody loves a good party. Even people not from this Earth. Even people who’ve come to this Earth to conquer it. Who doesn’t love to conquer a good party? Happy Birthday, Claire.
Who we’re looking for:
- Claire: The birthday girl! And big birthdays come with big reminders of how little she’s yet to accomplish. Smart and sassy and wracked with doubts about what she’s doing with her life.
- Renee: Claire’s baby sister, newly engaged and newly on the New York Times Best Selling list (at #1, for her YA Sci-fi Romance series). A hyper-achiever so perfect you want to hate her, but can’t.
- John (aka Renee’s Stupidly Perfect Boyfriend): Renee’s super cute, super smart, super perfect fiancée. Also a hardcore conspiracy theorist and flat Earther.
- Alex: Claire’s hella dramatic theatre kid best friend and supa dope party planner to the stars (one day).
- Sprite: Claire’s party-crashing unexpected arch-nemesis. A bombastic sort whose net zero level of Earth comprehension is offset by a force of character strong enough to power a small city. Exiled from their home planet, they plan to conquer THE ENTIRETY OF EARTH – starting with Claire’s birthday party. After all, how hard can it be?
Actors will be asked to prepare a (preferably comedic) monologue. Will also be provided character sides and may be asked to do some light improv.
** Still accepting applicants for AD, ASM, and other positions.