CASTING NOTICE: Happy Birthday, Claire!
Will present at the 2019 Ottawa Fringe Festival (6 performances).
A zany new comedy about adulting and other people’s expectations by Toronto playwright Valerie Cardinal, produced by Cardinal Theatre. (Co-produced in Ottawa by Theatre Underground, directed by Allan Mackey.)
Who doesn’t love a good birthday party? Nobody, that’s who. Everybody loves a good party. Even people not from this Earth. Even people who’ve come to this Earth to conquer it. Who doesn’t love to conquer a good party? Happy Birthday, Claire.
Thank you for your interest in joining the cast of Happy Birthday, Claire! We are currently casting two additional roles for supporting characters in the show. Characters are present in a few scenes, will get to play fun party games, and eat cake. Please read over these additional notes and fill out the following form to apply.
- Actors may be asked to throw together a quick self tape based on supplied monologues. These are primarily to get a sense of your performance energy and aren’t expected to be polished.
- All genders, ages, ethnicities welcome.
- All experience levels are welcome.
- Rehearsals for this production will take place in late May and early June. The schedule takes place primarily in evenings until we get into tech week. (Schedule will be provided for confirmation once we receive your form.)
- Performance schedule for the show includes six performances staggered throughout the 2019 Ottawa Fringe Festival, June 13-23. We do not have any say in the schedule and you will be required to clear any conflicts. You will also be required for tech time, set by Ottawa Fringe, in the day or two leading up to the festival.
- This should be considered to be on a volunteer basis. Aside from the cake.
- Questions can be directed via the contact form.
You will receive an email confirmation of your submission nearly immediately. Once we have reviewed your submission, we will contact you to give you self tape information and the rehearsal schedule. If you have not heard from us by Monday (May 13), please send an email to contact©theatreunderground•com.