AUDITION NOTICE: Much Ado About Turning 25
Will present at the 2019 Ottawa Fringe Festival (6 performances).
A zany new comedy about getting older and other people’s expectations by Toronto playwright Valerie Cardinal, produced by Cardinal Theatre. (Co-produced in Ottawa by Theatre Underground, directed by Allan Mackey.)
Who doesn’t love a good birthday party? Nobody, that’s who. Everybody loves a good party. Even people not from this Earth. Even people who’ve come to this Earth to conquer it. Who doesn’t love to conquer a good party? Happy Birthday, Claire.
Thank you for your interest in auditioning for Much Ado About Turning 25. Please read over these additional notes and fill out the following form to apply.
- Auditions will take place the afternoon of March 2nd, 2019. If you have a time preference, you are welcome to request but we can’t make any guarantees. Actors unable to attend on the 2nd are welcome to submit self tapes (let us know when filling out the form) with the understanding that this should be a last resort.
- Actors are asked to prepare a (preferably comedic) monologue of no more than 2 minutes. Will also be provided character sides and may be asked to do some light improv.
- All ages welcome to apply for Sprite. Age for all other characters is twenties(ish).
- All characters are gender-swappable, all genders welcome to apply for all roles.
- All experience levels are welcome, Equity members will be asked to sign under the Festival/Collective Artists policy.
- Script will not be available prior to auditions, but will be provided before we ask any actor to commit to the production.
- Rehearsals for this production will take place primarily in May and early June with light rehearsals in mid/late April. The schedule will likely be evening and weekend heavy, but will be set based on the schedules of the cast. You will be asked to provide your approximate availability following your initial audition and be asked to be as flexible as possible with your scheduling until the rehearsal schedule is set.
- Performance schedule for the show includes six performances staggered throughout the 2019 Ottawa Fringe Festival, June 13-23. We do not have any say in the schedule and cast will be required to clear any conflicts. Cast will also be required for tech time, set by Ottawa Fringe, in the day or two leading up to the festival.
- Payment will be honorarium based on box office/profit-sharing.
- Questions can be directed via the contact form.
You will receive an email confirmation of your submission nearly immediately. Once we have reviewed your submission, we will contact you to let you know your status, to book an audition time, and to give you any additional information. If you have not heard from us within one week of submitting, please send an email to contact©theatreunderground•com.